Monday, January 09, 2006

Open Your Eyes, and see the world around You.

There is so much to look at that we miss day to day. The little things mostly, dogs in the arms of little girls, bright yellow coats and such. Sometimes it just feels great to sit back and watch the world go by, especially without participating in it. In life we get too caught up in everyone elses business, so much that we dont have time to look at our own. We dont stop and take time for ourselves.

At this point, I'm not spiritually fit to really start my talk on God, but each day that I concentrate more on myself, I start to see Him more naturally. Watching the world is something we all need to do more of, it inspires us to notice ourselves more, mainly because we take ourselves out of the pictures, allowing time to work on us.

This week, take 10 minutes out of your schedule and watch, whereever you are and write about what you see, visually and audibly. Concentrate on the peacifulness that the world tries to take away from us.

Answer some of these questions after each time:
How does it make you feel? How will it help you day to day? Where are you in life, not only spiritually but physically in life? Are you where you want to be?

1 comment:

Theresa Rosenthal said...

Amazing world isn't it? Amazing creation in my opinion. That's part of what intrigues me about both photography and writing - the ability to capture a moment that perhaps no one else will ever know, unless you share it. I'll be in soon (I've got stuff to pick up) ... and we should talk.